The Downstream Petroleum Industry
The PEIMF (Petroleum Equipment Installers and Maintenance Federation) was formed in 1993 as the body that speaks for those companies and individuals engaged in the daily activities associated with the downstream petroleum industry throughout the UK and Ireland. The PEIMF is a non profit making organisation governed by a constitution that covers all aspects of its intentions including:
- Providing information to its members on current legislation and how it is applied.
- Encouraging and establishing good working practices.
- Encouraging the following of the safety codes laid down within the industry for its members, customers and its own employees.
- Contributing to the advancement of knowledge of its members via training and technical expertise.
- Co-operating with all legislators within the industry in the refinement of regulations on behalf of its members.
- Providing for its members information on new equipment entering the market from both home and abroad.
- Actively engage with other bodies in the industry and promoting the Federations aims and objectives.
Code of Ethics
- To provide the best possible service to our clients and customers maintenance
- To observe strict standards of conduct in our dealings with clients and customers
- To strive to develop practices within our industry founded on integrity, fairness and honesty
- To maintain a strict duty of confidentiality of our clients affairs
- To perform both in letter and in spirit our contracts whether written or verbal
- To acknowledge that contracts should be fair to all parties and, when necessary, to settle controversies by voluntary agreement or impartial arbitration
- To continually work to educate ourselves and our staff of the facts and forces affecting our industry and our own business
- To provide quality leadership, materials and workmanship to the best of our ability
- To earn a fair profit as business owners which is commensurate with the cost of providing the skills, expertise, advice and experience required within our industry, taking into consideration the risks involved
- To show that by virtue of membership of the Petroleum Equipment Installers and Maintenance Federation the members have and do signify their unqualified assent to the above principles and to practice accordingly in their daily business activities
PEIMF representatives have a considerable input on the major committees influencing the downstream industry.
- Energy Institute Service Station Panel (SSP)
- Energy Institute Oil & Water Liaison Group (OWLG)
- DEFRA Stakeholders Group
- Environment Agency Oil Care Committee (OCC)
- Petroleum Enforcement Liaison Group (PELG)
- British Standards Institute (BSI)
- Petroleum Retail National Steering Group (PRNSG)
- Plus a leading role in the UKPia/SPA Safety Passport Scheme